Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Elder Hatfield was transferred to Zapata, TX!

I am called to serve in the Zapata north twig. Im still on the border. Still all spanish. My comp is a great missionary Elder Perkins i have worked with him before so this should be a great transfer. Im junior comp by one transfer. Casi haha and we have a congregation size of 30 people and we baptize in a lake. This is a very humble area and the church will have success or fail based on us as missionaries. We have ALOT of work to do but thats the situation i thrive in. We are planning on having a baptism this saturday and we will be having a conference with Dallin. H. Oaks this week and interviews with president. My big question last transfer was if the lord trusted me or not and well that got answered pretty quick. THis is the only area in the mission of its kind. We are the church. No Branch president no stake nothing. Its the missionaries and the members and i love it. my only complaint is the amount of meetings we have because we are out in the middle of nowhere so we have to travel far to get to the meetings and that takes away our working time. So ill be bringing some ideas to president for that. I just want more time to work here. Im doing well and im growing alot. This is a very great area and the spirit can be felt working here. I dont have alot of time today but ill have to send some pics next week. Im right on the edge of falcon lake if you want to look it up on a map. I love you Dad and I pray for you daily. Love, Elder Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment