Saturday, August 29, 2015

Email from Zapata, TX Aug. 24, 2015

It was a lot of fun at the conference. We received a lot of guidance and reminded of a lot of things we could be doing better. But that's okay. Repentance is a good thing. I was also reminded of how secluded I have been in my mission. I didn't know very many people at all. And the only way people knew about me is because of the crazy stories from the border. So I felt a little weird out there. But I was able to fit in. I also was able to work with members. It was extremely different. We ate every day! I tried to gain my weight back but not quite haha. It was also good to be able to pull president aside and update him on our humble group of Zapata. With the people we have right now we are looking good to have baptism next week and start getting some of our priesthood holders up and going so that we can have the Priesthood to get things done. Also in the package a solid pair of black pants would be good. My other ones didn't get along with a dog. But other than that we are doing fantastic here. Im blessed to be out here! It has been an amazing experience! The savior truly has "oceans of love" for all of us. We are all here to learn and to grow. This life is meant to be a trial. But we signed up for it. And now its our job to get back to be with our father again. I am blessed with my earthly parents. You have been able to model the gospel for me so that I can one day teach it to those future generations. I think of that as I work here. If I can have a big enough impact on this generation I can change the paths of those generations to come. But it starts now. I Love the gospel and I love the Savior. His example and mercy towards us is so incredible. To be able to share this message is a blessing. To be able to offer hope. Our message sounds too good to be true but its the only message with a Win WIn. Thanks for the prayers! Love Elder Hatfield P.S. Cake in a jar sounds great!

No comments:

Post a Comment